Written by Team NEDonBoard
On Jan 30th, NEDonBoard held its best practice evening on succession planning. Following an initiative by NEDonBoard, the professional body for non-executive directors and board members in the UK, chaired by Helen Pitcher OBE, we host a panel evening to present this new guide. NEDonBoard raises governance standards on boards across the UK by providing board best practice guidance on succession planning.
First of all, I would like to thank our great panelists:
- Mary Campbell, OBE
- David Styles, Head of Corporate Governance at the FRC
- Chris Seabourne, The Succession Planning Company
This evening was not only very enjoyable, but we also learned a lot from their experience, as well as insights from our experienced contributors. Again I would like to sincerely thank our panels.
In case you missed it, here are some of my takeaways. Firstly, I reminded our attendees of:
- The professional body status of NEDonBoard and highlighted the tax deductibility of the membership.
- I also talked about the NEDonBoard conference which will be held in London on 20th March. The topics include Inclusion & Diversity (maybe more for aspiring non-execs and experienced chairmen) and Digital Transformation, such as cybersecurity, AI & new tech innovations (maybe more for experienced board members).
- I finally reminded attendees of the upcoming deadline for the consultation by the FRC on the updated UK Corporate Governance Code which is February 2018. If you would like your voice to be heard through NEDonBoard.